Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cat Crazy


This blog post is going to be a little different than the previous posts. The purpose of this post is to attempt to explain the situations my dad gets himself into. Because only someone like my dad would end up in some of the predicaments he ends up in.
Earlier this week dad had to take our cats to the vet for shots or flea treatments or something like that. So he put each cat in a carrying cage and took them both to the appointment. So around 10:00 am I got a phone call from my dad: “you’ll never guess what just happened at the vet”. He proceeded to tell me the story.
He got to the appointment and I guess he gave the cat carriers to the vet and she took them into the back. A few minutes later she comes out and says, “um, do you have any idea why your one cat is bleeding all over herself?” (He didn’t). Well, apparently our one cat isn’t very partial to being locked in a cage, so she took it upon herself to scratch to hard at the cage door, that she ended up declawing herself. Wonderful. So the vet went back to fix her up and give her the shots. Not long after, she came out again. “Your other cat is very aggressive and wont stop biting at the spot where we gave him the shots. We are afraid he might hurt himself.”
So dad came home with two flea treated cats: one with bandages on her paws and antibiotics for the next week, and the other with a cone around his head. This would only happen to him. He takes them in to get treated thinking he is doing a good thing, meanwhile every thing ends up twice as bad and twice as much money/work. Poor dad.

5 comments:

  1. Your stories just keep getting better! This one in particular reminded me of something my dad would do, except he is more of the 'trying to fix things around the house guy' and they never go as planned. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I'm actually laughing so hard right now. After reading your blog, it seems your dad could actually be a character in a sitcom. I particularly loved this post though just because I am a cat person. Never heard of a cat with a cone around its head though. You should have taken pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadie, I was laughing out loud throughout this post. I agree with Steph, he does sound like he should have his own TV Show!! And the poor cat that declawed himself...ouchh, I have no idea how that how operation would work, but it sounds SO painful! I look forward to reading about other crazy future stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a story! I feel like there are only certain people that something like this would happen to - one of those people seems to be your dad. I feel bad for the cats but at least they got their flea shots. Can't wait for another story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was sitting here reading your post, I too burst out in laughter so much so that my bf just turned to me to ask me what the hell I was doing. My answer: my homework. Thanks for making homework funny! Your stories are great and please, please keep these bad boys coming!

    ReplyDelete